Emergency: 911
Info-santé: 811
Police: 819 564-1212
Town Hall: 819 876-7117


Updated at

Land Use Planning & Development

Building & Environment Inspector

During the busy season (April to October), we recommend that you call well in advance to make an appointment with a Building Inspector. This ensures that sufficient time is allowed to collect all necessary documents in support of your permit application and for the Inspector to analyse your project and issue the permit.

Works requiring a permit or certificate

A permit or certificate is MANDATORY for most construction, renovation and demolition projects as well as for installing a septic system or pool, digging a well, cutting trees, creating an access road or for any project undertaken near the shore of a lake or watercourse. Please note that cutting trees or bushes within the shore protection zone (10 to 15 m depending on the slope) is prohibited without a certificate of authorisation.

New constructions (residences) & enlargement of existing residences

Please consult our detailed overview of the documents needed and the steps necessary in order to obtain a building permit for a new residence or to enlarge an existing residence to ensure that you have all necessary documents in hand when you meet with our Building Inspector.

Municipal Planning Program

Includes all by-laws respecting zoning, permits and certificates, construction, and subdivision. Please consult the Land Use Planning & Development By-laws section.